Instructions for Registering Sheep/Lambs under NARSA:
- The breeder of an animal is the party owning the dam at the time of service. The owner is the party owning the lamb at the time of birth.
- Animals with names designated under one year of age will be charged $5.00 for members, and $10.00 for non-members of the association to register.
- Animals over one year of age is double, $10.00 for members, and $20.00 for non-members.
- Litter size should be designated as single, twin, triplet, quadruplet, quintuplet, etc.
- Dates should be entered as month, day, year (MM/DD/YY).
- Tattoo consists of farm name of no more than three letters in right ear; and flock number, i.e., 24B, in left ear (Example: 24 designates number assigned by you for the lamb and the letter "B" for a lamb born during 1992.)
- All lambs must be officially identified by tattoo prior to sale. Be sure to report the tattoo markings as they appear in the ear. (The letter "C" designates year, 1993. "D" designates year, 1994, etc.)
- Lambs sold before they are registered must be registered in Seller's name and then transferred to new owner, with charge for each transaction.
- There should be no duplications within three generations of the lamb's breeding stock (i.e., duplicate father on both the dam and sire's side or breeding daughter back to father, etc.).